Bubble tea in China has the same importance as coffee in the western world. It was a traditional Chinese drink originated from Taiwan. It is such a popular drink that some people even call it “Oriental Coca Cola”. Making bubble tea is a very simple process, just like making a cocktail. You can combine different flavor and use your favorite teabag. There are hundreds of different flavor. Which one do you like?
Today I am going to show you the steps to make the standard bubble tea. Feel free to add any additional fruit flavor or honey. I would highly recommend to replace your daily caffeine intake with bubble tea once a while. Follow this healthy Chinese bubble tea recipe and let’s make some “bubble”: )
Red tea bag
- Have all ingredients ready for use.
- Mix potato powder and brown sugar with water.
- Rub the potato powder with hands.
- Be patient! Rub either clockwise or counterclockwise.
- The bubble is almost ready!
- Add bubble to hot water and boil for 20 minutes. Stir the bubble pieces using sticks to avoid them stick together. Turn off the gas when you see the bubbles turn semi-transparent. Then simmer in a covered pot for 30 minutes.
- Cook milk with tea bag over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add bubbles to milk tea. Then it’s done! Enjoy!
Use a big bowl when making “bubbles”. If it’s too wet, add some more potato powder.