Hot and sour potato silk is my favorite Chinese dish. It’s easy to cook, and hard to resist. It only takes 5 minutes to make, but you can get so much out of it. Potato is a kind of vegetable and staple food that’s particularly rich in nutrition. It can improve gastrointestinal function, prevent hypertension and stroke, and reduce blood pressure. The research shows that hot and sour potato silk contains folic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, carotene, riboflavin, thiamine, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iodine, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and so on. Besides this, green pepper is rich in vitamin C, which can help enhance stamina and prevent coronary arteriosclerosis. It’s important to cook this dish with pepper and vinegar, because the right amount of vinegar and pepper is the key to make it hot and sour.
You may wonder what region this dish belongs to. Chinese people use potato very often to make authentic Chinese food, so it appears in many regional cuisines. But based on the fact that special attention is paid to the hot and sour flavor, we can safely conclude that this dish is from Hunan cuisine. But some other people think it is from Szechwan cuisine. In fact, no matter where this recipe is from, it can satisfy many people’s needs.
Potato: 500 g
Dried red pepper: 30 g
Green pepper: 10 g
Vinegar: 10 g
Chili sauce: 15 g
Garlic: 10 g
Pepper: 5 pieces
Green onion: 10 g
1. Peel the potatoes and shred to slivers. Soak potato slivers in cold water. Set aside.
2. Shred garlic, ginger, and green onions.
3. Heat a pan with some oil. Add red pepper, pepper, garlic, ginger, and green onion. Stir well.
4. Add potatoes, stir fry, then add salt and vinegar. If you want the crispy taste, don’t let it overcooked.
1. When stir-frying potatoes, you can add some water in case it gets burnt.
2. You should select potatoes with a smooth surface and a bigger size. Make sure there is no flaw or dark spots in the skin.