A Super Soup For Whitening And Detoxification – Lotus Root and Pig Feet Soup Recipe
Every year around this time, I’ve always wanted to make some positive changes in my life, either my diet, my exercise routine, or my study plan. Early summer can be the best time to learn some detoxification tips and get in shape. Black fungus, cucumber, green beans are proved to be the most effective natural detoxification agents. Another fact is that, if you live in a dryer place, you should try to stay away from spicy food, such as Szechuan mapo tofu recipe. I know it’s a delicious dish, but other dishes are still in the safe zone, such as moo goo gai pan chicken and today’s soup made from lotus root, green beans, red beans and pig feet (check out the benefits of pig feet and why it’s called “beauty food”). This is a classic traditional authentic Chinese food soup recipe. Ladies, this is your perfect soup for body cleansing and anti-aging!
Besides pig feet, lotus root is another great ingredient that makes this soup so special. Lotus root has a unique fragrance. It contains protein, dietary fiber, iron, calcium, trace elements, plant protein, vitamins and starch. Chinese medicine believes that lotus root can help replenish blood and strengthen the immune system.
Green beans and red beans are good for body detoxification, edema, puffiness, heat jaundice, and carbuncles heat toxin. If you don’t like pig feet, feel free to leave it out or replace it with tofu. You just need to soak green beans and red beans for half an hour, add everything to a slow cooker, then cook for 2 hours.
Okay, now let’s get started!
Serves 3 – 4 as part of multi-course
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
lotus root 250g, cut into thick slices
red bean 25 g
green bean 25 g
tangerine peel 2-3
pig feet 100 g, cut to chunks
star anise 2-3
scallion 2, finely chopped, 1 for stir-fry and 1 for garnish
ginger 3 slices
oil 1 tablespoon
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Wash pig feet and boil in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add scallion, star anise and ginger. Add pig feet. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 8 bowls of water into slow cooker. Add lotus root, pig feet, red bean, green bean and tangerine peel to water.
- Cook for an hour and a half.
- Season with salt to taste. Sprinkle chopped scallion on the top.
Ready to serve! Enjoy!
- Based on color, there are two types of lotus root. The reddish pink one tastes softer and the white one tastes crisp. For best result, we should use the reddish pink one.
- Before boiling lotus root, soak it in salty water for 10 minutes and rinse it through cold water.
- Lotus root soup is a light flavored soup. Therefore, pay attention to the amount of salt. Season according to your own taste. But it tastes best when served with less salt.
- You can add small amount of traditional Chinese medicine for ultimate flavor and nutrition. For example, you can add angelica, red dates, or codonopsis.
- This soup is especially good for pregnant women.
Posts You may be interested in:
An Ultimate Guide of Essential Chinese Ingredients
The Top 5 Best And Easy Chinese Fried Rice Recipes
Save this list of natural medicines and stay healthy
The Secret to Summer Body Cleansing Diet: Chinese Black Mushroom Salad
Moo Goo Gai Pan Recipe (And the Full Story)