This Stuffed Eggplant Recipe is not east to follow, but it really is one of the best Chinese food , To be honest, I am only have this food in Mainland China, and is belong to Northern China food(See Post: Eight Culinary traditions of Chinese Cuisine, where you can get general idea about difference between South and North), I do suggest try replace ground pork to fish for easier making.
Eggplant contains rich vitamin P, which can enhance adhesion between the cells in the body, the flexibility of capillaries, for the prevention and treatment of hypertension, arteriosclerosis, cerebral thrombosis, age spots and so on. It also contains vitamin E, which can help the anti-aging function. Eggplant also has very low sugar content; therefore, a person with diabetes diet can be rest assured to enjoy eggplant. It can nourish Yin, dryness, and blood tonic.
Lean meat mainly contains protein, fat, vitamin B1, B2, phosphorus, calcium, iron, etc.
Today let’s use a different way to make eggplant dish, a delicious and healthy one.
- long eggplant x 1
- Ground pork 500 g ,
- Dry Starch x 3 tablespoon
- a little egg white
- chili sauce
- soy sauce
- green onion
- cooking wine
- soybean sauce
- white sugar
- MSG (optional)
- Add salt, cooking wine, soy sauce and MSG into the minced pork.
- Add diced green onion, ginger, and garlic to step 1 and mix well
- Add a little egg white into step 2.
- Stir with chopsticks with one direction, so the meat has a better texture and taste.
- Cut eggplant into thin pieces. Cut off to the end every other time.
- Add some dry starch on the eggplant slices, which helps to adhere meat and eggplant better.
- Using chopsticks to add the pork stuffing prepared in step 3 into the eggplant box.
- Finish all the eggplant boxes using the same technique in step 7.
- Put all eggplant boxes to a steam drawer or a plate evenly that is microwave-friendly.
- Cook inside the microwave for 5 minutes using high heat. If you don’t have microwave, you can also use steamer.
- In order to make the eggplant surface taste crispy, using low heat to fry each eggplant box until both sides turn golden brown.
- Now, let’s prepare the sauce. This is the most important step! Add a little oil to the pan, and add diced green onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add chili sauce and soybean paste.
- Add a little sugar, and then add a little cold water. Wait until it boils.
- Put the eggplant box into the plate, and pour some sauce on top of it. Enjoy!
- You should choose long eggplant, which is most suitable for preparing this dish
- When cutting the eggplant clip, making each slice as thin as possible.
- The sauce is the soul of this dish. You can adjust the amount of chili sauce according to your own preference.
- We recommend not peeling the eggplant before cooking, because the skin contains abundant vitamin P, which can prevent high blood pressure and arteriosclerosis.