Healthy Lettuce Recipes: Benefits And How To Cook Guide
As you may tell from the headline, this post is all about lettuce. Why lettuce? Is lettuce healthy? We are going to discuss the health benefits of lettuce, easy and best lettuce salad recipe, nutrition content of lettuce and four amazing authentic traditional Chinese food recipes. Unlike moo goo gui pain or mabo tofu with pork mince and bean paste, these four cooked lettuce recipes are light lunch or dinner dishes. They are all perfect for a summer workout session or a beach day!
Lettuce can improve the immune system because it contains lettuce contains interferon inducer, which can stimulate the body’s normal cells to produce interferon to resist viral or disease. Office workers who use computers every day should eat more lettuce as it can greatly relieve dry eye symptoms and fatigue. In additional, lettuce is also a “beauty food”. As it contains vitamin C and dietary fiber, lettuce has significant whitening and weight loss benefits.
After all these amazing benefits, are you ready to make simple but healthy green romaine lettuce dishes?
1.Lettuce Salad With Fried Chili Sauce Recipe
lettuce 100 g
oil 1 teaspoon
salt, to taste
soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
garlic 5 g, finely chopped
dry red pepper 2-4
sugar 2 g
white vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon
oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon
sesame oil, a few drops
1. Wash lettuce and torn into small pieces. Soak in iced water for 15 minutes. Remove and drain. Transfer to a plate.
2. Heat up a teaspoon oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Add dry red pepper. Stir-fry for 20 seconds. Turn off the heat.
4. Add chopped garlic, 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce,1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 2g sugar, and salt to taste.
5. Pour over the sauce made in step 4 on the lettuce.
6. Add a few drops sesame oil on top. Ready to serve!
2. Lettuce With Oyster Sauce Recipe
oil 1 teaspoon
oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
clove garlic 1, finely chopped
dried chili, finely chopped
white sugar 1 teaspoon
1. Break the lettuce apart, then wash.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon water, and sugar to a small bowl.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil lettuce for 2 minutes. Remove and transfer to a plate.
4. Heat up 1 teaspoon oil in a pan over medium heat.
5. Stir-fry chopped garlic and dried chili.
6. Once it’s boiled, turn off the heat.
7. Add oyster sauce prepared in step 2.
8. Pour the sauce over lettuce. Ready to serve!
fried dace with black beans in oil 2 tablespoons
oil 1 tablespoon
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
salt to taste
1. Wash the lettuce and cut into sections.
2. Heat up 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Stir-fry garlic until fragrant.
4. Add 2 tablespoons fried dace with black beans in oil. Stir-fry for 15 seconds.
5. Add lettuce and continue to stir-fry.
6. Add salt to taste. Ready to serve!
4. Cantonese Style Boiled Lettuce Recipe
soy sauce 1 tablespoon
olive oil 2 tablespoons
sea salt 1.5 teaspoon
white sugar 1 teaspoon
clove garlic 2, finely chopped
1. Soak lettuce in salt water for 10 minutes after wash.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon sea salt. Boil lettuce for 2 minutes.
3. Remove lettuce from the pot and immediately soak in cold water for 1 minute.
4. Remove from cold water and drain well. Transfer to a plate.
5. Heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic. Stir-fry until golden brown.
4. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon sea salt, then pour a little water. Simmer over low heat.
5. Drizzle the sauce on top of lettuce. Ready to serve!
Posts You may be interested in:
An Ultimate Guide of Essential Chinese Ingredients
The Top 5 Best And Easy Chinese Fried Rice Recipes
Save this list of natural medicines and stay healthy
The Secret to Summer Body Cleansing Diet: Chinese Black Mushroom Salad
Moo Goo Gai Pan Recipe (And the Full Story)