Porridge is one of the most traditional Chinese food. It has a history of 3000 years. Medical scientist Li Shi Zhen in Ming Dynasty said in his famous book called <<Compendium of Materia Medica >>, that porridge is the secret to healthy diet. The famous Poet Lu You in Song Dynasty even thought that eating porridge can improve longevity and immortality. Recognized by the medical profession, the porridge is considered to be the super food to replenish “yin” fluid and germinal stomach fluid, complement deficiency, and support people’s overall health.
Rice: 50 g
Shrimp: 4-6 pieces
Minced pork: 10 g
Ginger: 5 g (used in multiple steps)
Green onions: 1 piece
Celery: 1 piece
Cooking wine: 1 tablespoon in total (used in multiple steps)
Salt: 1 tablespoon in total (used in multiple steps)
Sesame oil: 1/2 teaspoon
1. Rice: Soak rice in cold water for 2 hours, then add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon peanut oil. Mix well.
2. Shrimp: Clean and peel the shrimp line, cut shrimps into small pieces, add some wine and ginger slices. Marinate and let it stay. 3. Crab: Clean the crab shell. Steam to medium well. Then open the shell, remove the internal organs. Mix with ginger slices and cooking wine.
4. Seasonings: shredded ginger, chopped celery, green onion and salt
1. Mix the rice with water using a ratio of 1:6. Cook the rice over high heat until the rice is fully cooked. Then switch to low heat.
2. Add the marinated crab meat, shrimp and minced pork. Cook for another 10 minutes. 3. Sprinkle some chopped green onion and celery. Add some salt, pepper or sesame oil according to your taste.
1. Soaking rice in advance is the key to cook porridge with soft texture.
2. Control the amount of water needed. It is best not to add water after the first time.
3. Seafood must be fresh enough to cook the most delicious porridge. 4. You can also add some chopped mushroom and carrots. Remember to soak mushroom in warm water for 15 minutes. Add the mushroom in step 1.