This is Bamboo Shoots Spareribs on the top of my winter recipe list, because it can give you extra energy and warm up your body pretty quickly. This is also a very simple Chinese recipe because you don’t need to much ingredients. It just tastes naturally good! However, you should choose some fresh bamboo shoots. It is the key to the natural taste of this soup. Chinesefoodsrecipe.com is a Chinese food blog with Recipes, where you can find the most ancient traditional Chinese Recipes
Ginger: x 3 pieces
Garlic: x 4 pieces
Aniseed: x 1
1. Soak spare rib cubes into cold water.
2. Cut bamboo shoots into strips.
3. Boil spare ribs and bamboo shoots for 5 minutes, respectively.
4. Put spare ribs, bamboo shoots and cold water inside the pressure cooker.
5. Add ginger, garlic and anise. Close the lid and start the pressure cooker for 30 minutes.
6. Open the lid and add some salt. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Then it’s ready to serve!
1. Bamboo shoots contain a lot oxalic acid. Boiling it prior to cooking can reduce the amount of oxalic acid.
2. When selecting bamboo shoots, you should choose short and thick ones instead of long and thin ones.